CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Treadmill Jam

So, this morning I was having a hard time motivating myself to run. I am still not 100% committed to the marathon, yet I am worried that it might fill before I register. Anyway, I was contemplating whether to run outside in the gorgeous weather or go to the gym. It was a little windy. My contacts and the wind are not always friends. I go into the gym. Yes, I drop my jacket into the treadmill. It is completely jammed. I have to walk up to the front desk and request they place a sign on the treadmill. Mind you this morning I put on the jacket. It felt so cozy. Now, it remains at the gym. If you are reading, please say a little prayer for my jacket. I would like it in one piece and in the lost and found. I would love to have it back!

I ran. I think I ran 5 miles. I was not sure exactly where I was at the jam. I might have ran 6. Anyway, I did at least what I was supposed to do today!

Dating--So, I am getting a little tired of the lack of response from eHarmony. I think I am attractive. I know I am educated. I have a good job and a nice lifestyle. What is the problem here?? I have been contemplating joining a matchmaking service. The ones I have researched actually charge $10K!! Not a bad investment if you find someone, but what if you don't? I guess I lost $100K on my house and more than $10K in my investments so who cares!!

I did have a first date last night. It is a guy that I have known for a few years through work. He manages a hotel. He had asked me out for Thursday, and I was not able to go out that night. He ended up going with me to a birthday party. He was a wonderful date, and everyone seemed to like him, too. He suggested we see a movie today. It should be fun. SO, I guess I should not be complaining about e-Harmony!!

1 comments:

JonathanMarathonMan said...

Amanda,
Be grateful that you have So. cal. weather. It snowed here in Utah last night ! Yesterday I had to run with sweats on, gloves and a hat. While some are taking weeks off after a hectic marathon schedule, I cannot and will not. The difference between a good marathon runner and a great one is winter training. Just a quote I invented. Not that I am a great marathon runner. I am not. I just do the best that I can. Which marathon are you going to register for ? San Diego or LA ? It's a great goal. On the dating side, yes, believe in yourself but be patient. Yes from your photo you are attractive and sounds like you are educated. There are some strange people out there so protect yourself. Always be positive and always strive to bring joy into somebody else's life every day. Remember from " The Bucket List" 1) Have you found true joy in your life ? and 2) Did you help others find true joy ? We are all in this together and to give is truly better than to receive. Make it a great week,
Jonathan