CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 1, 2008

1/2 Marathon Completed

Yesterday I participated in the Disneyland 1/2 marathon. Today, I am searching for a marathon. I wanted to join a runner's blog, but I did not have a blog. Now, I am creating a blog! Whew! There is a lot that goes into running besides running!

Since I do not want to write 10 blogs for today, I want to tell you about the 1/2 marathon.

First, how did I decide to do it? I have never, ever been a runner. Last August, I joined a new agency, http://www.sangabrielchild.com/. As an initial fundraiser (I am in charge of development), the CEO, CFO, and I decided to run a 5K to support the Covina Rotary. We paid our entry fee to support them and raised money from our contacts for our agency. To get our co-workers excited, we raced around the block. Everyone just knew I would beat our CEO and CFO. The CEO smoked me at the end though. While he was vomitting, I was thinking I should now do a 10K. In May, I did my first 10K. Again, I thought I could challenge myself further.

How did I do?
My finishing time was 2:32:06. I jogged the entire way minus the areas that were too impacted and the water stations. Someone said there was 13,500 of us. Imagine all the watercups; I was afraid I would fall in those areas. Overall, I felt great. There was one point which I thought this is tough and I am not challenging myself further. However, I ran into the finish line. It felt so good to accomplish this goal. I had completed all of the training alone.

What is next?
I am trying to decide which marathon to enter. I think I have narrowed it down to either Surf City or LA. Anyone a predictor of weather? LA seems like way too many people. Surf City had horrible weather last year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Finishing one's firts half marathon is a great feeling.