CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Marathon...Here I Come??

It is offically 48 hours after I began running my first half-marathon. I still feel really good. I spent the whole day yesterday surfing about running. I have so much to learn. I ordered a new shirt that says, "13.1 miles and still smiling"; I also bought a running skirt. It is so important to look cute! ;-) I learned that perhaps my two blisters were due to cotton socks. Today I plan to buy a new pair of shoes and some socks. I know that I need to learn how to stretch. I just go run. I am sure that is not the best technique. I found a local running group and joined their yahoo group. My ankles had been swelling but seemed to handle the race well. I should probably visit the doctor and let her know my plans, too. I found a link for the last marathon on Catalina. It was like a 90+ minute documentary. It really amazes me that people run when they are "old". I am always frustrated with people who just quit living while they are still here on this planet. Those peeps are truly inspirational.

While my goal is to log my progress daily, I want my blog to be more than just running. In May, I created a list of the top 20 things I want to do this year. This year means before May 1, 2009. One of the items was a half-marathon. It looks like I might just do a marathon, too! I don't have a list on this computer and don't want to retype it so I will add it later. I'd love to know what others are doing to keep living and avoiding the ho-hum that can sometimes be our lives! And, no, I did not get the idea from the movie "The Bucket List". I read a book and got the idea. Do people still read?

I think I am also going to blog about dating. I have never been one to keep my personal life personal so why not? I joined e-Harmony again. In looking through my past matches, I have been there on and off for about 2.5 years. I am sure this is not a statistic that e-Harmony wants to know. However, I am convinced I will find the love of my life there! For some dumb reason, I keep dating this guy that I have dated on and off for about 5 years. Once, I started dating some guy I met in a bar. If I would just stick with e-Harmony, they would match me up!! I am sure of it!

I have decided that I am going to be really passionate about love. I am going to love like I did when I was 14. You know how it was back then. No one had baggage. No one was wounded. I will likely scare the wounded away, but that is for the best anyway. To update you, I have been on one date thus far. The guy was totally cool. I talked to him on the phone for hours last night. It was like being 12 again. However, I think something went wrong at the end. He asked me when I was available to go out, and I told him. Then, he said he would call me later. Hmmm, that seemed a little weird after hours on the phone. I'll keep you posted! Dating can be strange. Yes, I have read the Rules Book. I know I am not supposed to talk to someone for hours on the phone so early!

3 comments:

jrunsinbrewster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jrunsinbrewster said...

Yes Amanda we do still read & I wanted to thank you for some enjoyable reading! And... YOU WILL RUN A MARATHON!

Jason

JonathanMarathonMan said...

Amanda,
Good luck with your marathon training. It's gets addictive. You live in an area where weather is kind to training. We have to train though winter snow ! Good luck with all aspects of your life !
Jonathan