CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just Do It!

So, last night I drug myself to this meeting and was totally inspired. The meetings revolve around the law of attraction. You know, THE SECRET! I have missed several meetings for tons of reasons like vacations and having the kids, but now I am set to go every other week. There is one woman in the group who I totally admire. She just sends these wonderful vibes of being peaceful.

Recently, pre-blog life, I created a posting on MySpace. It was about being content and how I have no desire to be content. I think I need to go reread what I wrote! I do want to be peaceful like her. I want to just radiate a sense that everything will be alright. I spend so much time stressing over things that are not even happening.

While I have been thinking that I have been positive lately, I was just having a conversation at lunch that made me really think about what I am doing. At work, I am spending so much time focusing on what I am not accomplishing. I am being way too hard on myself. I am creating a department from nothing and expect that it should be perfect by now. I am a fundraiser. I raise money for kids with mental illness. I have submitted several grants that have been denied. Yet, some have been approved. I turned an anonymous donor of balls at the holidays into a donor who is giving from his family's foundation. I have presented to many groups and created great awareness for the agency. I just feel so guilty because they are paying me more than I am bringing in. I worry that they will realize it and get rid of me. This is what I mean by stressing about what is not happening. I am not losing my job tomorrow. If I would spend all that energy on getting more funds instead of thinking I need a back up plan, I may never need a back up plan!!

I am committed to going to the gym today. My ankle hurts today. I may only walk three miles, but I am doing something!

So, from yesterday to today, I have created the possibility of being powerful, peaceful, and in love. I am grateful that I have a job where I make a difference in the world. Now, back to making a difference!

0 comments: