CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Today is the Day

Yes, today is the day when the official training begins. As I crawled into bed last night, I could feel the pain in my ankle. While part of me wants to run this morning, the other part knows I should not. The other part knows that if I do I will need to get honest and go see the doctor! THe blog about running may soon change into another blog!

It is all in the wording isn't it. The voices in my head, I know you have them too!, are saying this marathon training will be a lot of hard work. I then tell them that it will be fun and challenging. It will be exciting to accomplish the goal. The dialouge continues, but everything is in the words!

So, regarding dating, this guy I have know for at least a year e-mails me last Thursday. He asks me to lunch and said he was nervous about doing so. I thought it was cute and asked him if it was a date. He said no...it was just lunch. Before the day is over, he, okay we because I was not disagreeing, have decided to go to the horse races, horse back riding, running, and riding bikes. It seems to be going well. We continue to communicate on Friday. I am excited about this but even I am feeling weird that it is moving too fast. On Saturday morning, I send him an e-mail in response to his e-mail stating that if this does well he should change his childcare schedule to match mine. I say to him something like Okay Mr. It is not even a date. He must have gotten offended because I get a message that I should not e-mail him. Then, I get one saying he is not having fun. Then another one telling me it is over. lol OMG What is over. I remove the two lunch dates from my calendar. He proceeds to call a few times. Mind you, I have been told the relationship where he has not even called is over, but now we need to talk and discuss it. In the past, I would have made sure he discussed it and would still want to go on a date with him. Now, I ran. Um yeah, when there is trouble before the first phone call, run!!

I spend most of the day serving food to the homeless on Saturday. I was amazed by a few things. First, there really are soem beautiful homeless people. I do not mean all people are beautiful, and therefore, homeless people are beautiful, too. I mean I did not expect to find beautiful women and men there. I am not saying that ugly deserve to be homeless either; I think it just became more real like any of us could end up there easily. I was also amazed at how clean they were. The kids were cute talking about My Space just like kids with homes.

Saturday night I had a lovely dinner with the ex. I spent most of the day with him yesterday. I called him last night and he said that he could see us married relatively soon. Um, isn't he my ex?? Anyway, it was fun, and he was cute. I think I need to spend some time writing and thinking about him. What is it that happens when we are "together" and especially when we live together that changes? Do we simply take one another for granted? Have we both just come to terms that there is no one better out there? Am I simply disgusted with the men that I end up communicating with? Are there simply no guys contacting me from eHarmony? What is it? Why do he and I constantly end up back together? For awhile I thought it was my fear of being alone. Now, I think I have learned to enjoy my time alone and almost wonder if I can really put a man back into my life and be happy!

Anyway, I am going to go out and attempt to run...

0 comments: